We spent on of our weekends in Brno, Czech Republic, and there we tasted these amazing vegetable patties. I immediately wanted to try them out. I tried. I have to confess, they don’t taste like the ones we had, but these are also quite tasty. I served them with a potato salad and they complimented each other very well.
- 250 g carrots
- 250 g parsley
- cca 100 g green peas, use frozen if you don’t have fresh
- 1 smaller onion
- fresh parsley leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- chickpeas flour
- 500 g potatoes
- fresh rosemary
- green leaf salad of choice
- roasted sunflower seeds
- oil, of choice
- umeboshi vinegar
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- lemon/lime juice to taste
- 2 tsp grapeseed oil
- fresh mint
- salt, freshly ground black pepper
How to make the patties
- Peel, wash, cut and steam the carrots and parsley. It takes about 15 minutes.
- Add the peas for the last 5 minutes. Let it cool.
- Cut the onion into small pieces and transfer to a pan. Cook until translucent. Add cumin, salt and pepper.
- Transfer everything to a blender, add fresh parsley leaves and blend for about 3 minutes, or until desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer to a bowl and add chickpeas flour and mix well.
- Let it sit in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Heat oven to about 180C.
- Make small balls and transfer to a cooking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
How to make the salad
- Heat oven to about 200C.
- Wash, don’t peel and cut the potatoes.
- Add salt, pepper, fresh rosemary, oil of choice and mix well with the potatoes.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for about 35 – 40 minutes, or until roasted nicely.
- Wash the salad and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Roast the sunflower seeds with a little bit of salt. Transfer into the bowl.
- Add oil, umeboshi vinegar and mix well. Add the potatoes when done.
How to make the dressing
- Use only the thickened part of the coconut milk.
- Mix is with oil, salt, pepper, mint and lemon/lime juice.
- Serve over vegetable patties.
Inspired by: @Petronela’s and @Well and Full