This is a recipe that I discovered many years ago. At first my favourite sundried tomato paste was with ricotta. But my husband is lactose-intolerant and I had to look for a substitute. And this is it! You’ll enjoy it, I’m sure of it.
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes in oil
- 1/2 cup tomato paste (or more depending on the consistency)
- loads of basil – you can use either fresh or dry
- rice syrup (or other sweetener of choice)
- salt to taste
- Cut the sundried tomatoes into strips (or smaller).
- Mix with the paste, little bit of oil (could use the one from the sundried tomatoes), basil, rice syrup and salt.
- Mix well.
- Serve with fresh basil and toasts.
Inspired by @Petronela’s