I am certainly the last person to be stating that this is the best pizza recipe. I’m still perfecting it. It is a pizza that we like. It is a pizza that I will share the recipe for.
- 3 cups of certified GF all-purpose flour
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 package yeast
- 1 1/2 cup warm water (but not too hot)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 fresh tomatoes
- 2 fresh peppers
- 1 fresh onion
- 1 fresh garlic
- oregano and basil
- salt and pepper
Making the dough
- Prepare the yeast – heat 1/2 cup water to WARM, add 1 tsp sugar and pinch of salt. Mix well and let it sit for up to 10 minutes until you see little bubbles.
- Mix flour, remaining salt, remaining sugar, water and yeast together. If you are using your hands, feel free to oil them as it prevents the dough to stick to your hands so much.
- Let it rise. I left it overnight but usually about 1 hour is enough.
Making the sauce
- Cut peppers, tomatoes, onion and garlic into small pieces
- Add spices to taste and cook until everything is soft and almost all water evaporated.
Making the pizza
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Divide the dough into 8 small balls.
- Prepare nice round pieces, put in the oven for about 8 minutes.
- Take out the dough, spread the sauce on top, garnish with olives.
- Bake for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Let it cool.
Where is the perfection? Well, I’m trying to make my own GF all-purpose flour mixture. I haven’t found the right one just yet. But I’ll keep amending this post until perfect 😉