Forever I have been craving creamy risottos. I made a miso risotto (here) and it was delicious but it wasn’t enough. I wanted more.
We have bought loads of sweet rice because I was in love with the Thai coconut sweet rice for breakfast. But that period was over and we were stuck with it. So I decided to give a try and prepare savoury sweet rice risotto. And the result…just amazing.
- 1 cup sweet rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- vegetable oil of choice
- 250 g brown mushrooms
- freshly ground black pepper
- lots of thyme
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Cut the shallot and garlic into small cubes and roast it over oil until translucent.
- Add rice and vegetable broth, mix and let it cook for about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it rest for at least another 15 minutes.
- Wash the mushrooms and cut into quarters.
- Heat up oil, add the mushrooms, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Let it cook for about 15 minutes or until soft.
- Roast the sunflower seeds.
- Add salt, roasted seeds and nutritional yeast into a mortar and grind until the desired consistency is reached.
To serve: Scoop rice onto the plate, add mushrooms and cheese on top. Garnish with fresh greens, e.g. parsley.
Inspired by: @Petronela’s